Most network carriers sell out two major internet modems, the Huawei and ZTE modems, if you have the old Huawei modem you can unlock it yourself using method in huawei thread.
Unlocking your ZTE MF190 Modem
1. First download Dc Unlocker from this link here
2. Get your ZTE ready for unlocking by removing the memory card if you have one in and insert an unsupported SIM card (not a sim from the network carrier)
3. Plug in the ZTE modem inside your computer allow the modem’s dashboard to come up then make sure to close it
4. Now unzip the file you have downloaded you can use winrar or winzip to extract it
5. Now open the file inside the folder named DC Crap.exe
-on the first option select ZTE datacards, select auto detect and click search it should detect your modem now
6. Now on the right hand side click unlocking and click unlock
-within few seconds your modem should be unlocked and you will get a notification that your modem has been unlocked successfully
Alternatively, you can check out this link for dc-crap installation method.
This software can unlock only ZTE modems...
This method successfully unlocks the Tigo ZTE modems. I personally have unlocked 3 of them.
Last edited by Proxymity on Fri 5 Sep 2014 - 7:51; edited 1 time in total