How to Back Up Windows Using The Window XP CD
Things You'll Need
1. Windows Xp CD
2. USB flash drive, blank CD-R or external hard drive
Install the backup Utility in XP Windows Screen, to do this just follow the below instruction.
1. Insert the Windows XP CD. At the Welcome screen, press "ESC" to quit out of that screen.
2. Open "My Computer" and click on the drive that contains the Windows CD.
3. Find the VALUEADD\MSFT\NTBACKUP folder. in the XP CD . Simply do this right clicking on the CD and click open, now type this " NTBACKUP " in your search bar and hit enter, now you will see the folder . open it
4. Double-click "NTBACKUP.MSI" to start the Back-Up Utility
* Follow the on-screen prompts to install the backup utility and click "Finish."
Performing the Backup
6. Open the Start menu. Select "Accessories" and then "System Tools." Double-click the back-up utility to open it.
7. Click "New" and then check the box next to the letter that represents your hard drive, usually C or D. or any other drive letter that you might have on your computer that you wont to backup, you can thick all the the drives to back up the whole computer including installation of software's.
8. Make sure the destination is your removable media -- a flash drive, blank CD-R or external hard drive.
9.Select "Normal." Click "Start Backup."
Tips & Warnings
1. Back up every 30 days or whenever you have significant data changes.
2. Consider automating backups by connecting an external hard drive. You can also use the back-up program included with an external hard drive.
3. To perform a simpler, less comprehensive backup, you can drag and drop folders onto a CD-R or USB flash drive. Make sure you save the entire folders and not just the desktop shortcuts.
4. You cannot back-up most software. It needs to be reinstalled if your computer hard drive malfunctions.
5. Check the backup after you create it to make sure it is viable.